SILVER JACKET and GREY SHOES
"RE-PURPOSE"!
This was fun!
I found this velvet silver plain top for $2-00 at the Recycled Clothing shop at Ferrymead
Cut it, 'laced' it up front and back, and made a Jacket...
and then a quick skirt to accompany it!
No comfy dressy grey shoes in town to be bought ~ so better do my own!
Many of the blogs I follow do such amazing things (us New Zealanders don't seem to be as much into it - in general!) so I got the instructions online, held my breath, and did it!
I started with new shoes...
Found some grey fabric from my stash....
Went and bought some glitzy ditzy earrings, bent the backs off them, covered the shoes, made some bows, glued on the earrings and here they are!
I wore them all to church today!!
4 comments:
How pretty you look! I do admire your creativity. Those shoes are just gorgeous.
Thanks Cyndie!! It was my first time, and I was scared! ha! But they worked... and now I can't wait to do more!!! Thanks!!
I am enthralled Caroline! What a creative idea. I am constantly adding to my clothes to dress up old ones and enjoy it so much - great to see someone else inspired to do it also. My latest is a skirt covered in doilies that I inherited! Love it.
Keep the creative juices flowing.
P.S. I bought the same glitzy ditzy earrings to use on my doily skirt - will email you a pic if you're interested!
Post a Comment