MOVING TO NEW BLOG SPACE

Sadly, I've run out of space on this blog for carrying photographs, so am starting another blog which will follow on from this one!




Click on this link to be taken to Chapter Two.....


http://continuingthechronicles.blogspot

Saturday, May 14, 2011

RE-PURPOSED CLOTHING

~ is a hobby of mine. I like finding old clothes, curtains, table clothes, duvet covers, sheets, pillowcases and all sorts, and then making what is apparently known now as "Re-purposed Clothing" or "Art Wear". I've been doing it for years now, but decided I might record some of them on here for my own journal.

Interestingly, my ideas are 'evolving', I notice. So, I guess that is good!!

Bear with me, as you see them crop up from time to time.  I do have waves of enthusiasm on this, so it tends to come and go!


















































This is a teal V neck knit jumper/jersey. 
I cut it down the middle front and it became a cardi! 
I edged it with narrow lace (recently scored at Spotlight for 20cents a metre) and 
popped a simple applique on the back.   
I still think some more needs to happen on there, so probably some crystals etc still coming!







A few years ago I made a skirt ~ the main body being a vintage curtain.  On the bottom I used various other curtain fabrics, and tea~dyed some white lace.

As I still love the fabric, I just shortened the skirt for a bit of a change.  The applique came from  the piece I cut off!




2 comments:

Roeshel said...

You did a beautiful job! I love the detail and so clever to make it into a cardigan! Pretty skirt too! :)

Have a great week, Caroline!
Roeshel

Caroline said...

Thank you so much Roeshel!
I call that high praise coming from a talented person such as you!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

OTHER CHRONICLES I BROWSE

WEATHER STATION

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers