PROJECT ~ CANDLESTICK!
I saw a picture in a magazine of exactly the candlestick holder I wanted for the kitchen table!
If I bought it new it would cost an arm and a leg, so I went hunting ~
not really sure what I was looking for ~
but knowing I would know when I found it!
It took about 4 weeks of looking ~
I found it in two separate parts -
This wooden 'thing' which no-one knows what it was in the first place!
and this ~ an old brass light fitting.
It is a really bright brass and has lots of nice detail!
Put together they looked promising ~
Trusty Mike did some necessary chopping out ~
(While I was doing this, I thought I may as well do another couple of wee projects I had waiting ~
one being a gorgeous old stone candle stick holder Kent bought for me many years ago ~
the other being a vintage botanical print I bought for the wall ~ which had a gold frame. I wanted white.)
All taped up ready to go.
All taped up ready to go.
Mid painting project
(they never look much at this point, and you always wonder if you did the right thing in
starting this project!)
(they never look much at this point, and you always wonder if you did the right thing in
starting this project!)
The End Result!
I painted it a very pale blue grey colour, and the photos aren't showing it to best advantage, but I was so thrilled (after holding my breath all the way through that this was a good idea!)
It's very heavy and probably not suitable for earthquakes, so am going to make an additional 3rd part on the base, which will stabelise it!
The whole thing cost $12.00.
Taken in daylight.
7 comments:
Wow! I have never tried repurposing anything involving electricity (lol) but you make it look easy and the end result is great.
Thanks! Well, there is no live electricity in it and no connection, so I figured it would work! It was an experiment!!
Thanks for your comment!
Caroline, that's very cool! Looks awesome!
Jenna, thanks!!
Caro, I love these projects! When I was a stay-at-home mom, I loved doing things like this. Too bad we're not neighbors. How much fun it would be to work on things together! Much of the fun is in the hunting of "parts" for me. Your clothing projects are inspiring.
Dear Rhonda, thanks so much! It means a lot to me! I just puddle around and some things work, and some don't. Ive made hundreds of clothes, and do want to put some more on! Just for fun! Would be good to be neighbours! Actually, I hardly know my neighbours around here... and most have left the area anyway - since the quakes!:( Thanks!
Another awesome creation - love it!
Post a Comment