MOVING TO NEW BLOG SPACE

Sadly, I've run out of space on this blog for carrying photographs, so am starting another blog which will follow on from this one!




Click on this link to be taken to Chapter Two.....


http://continuingthechronicles.blogspot

Saturday, September 25, 2010

WE ARE IN THE WARS!

Last night at 2am our Chinese student came knocking urgently at our bedroom door, calling, "Michael! Michael".
We awoke in a panic (well, after the earthquake, you panic at any sound!!) and rushed out... Benny had been carrying his large noodle bowl and tripped and cut half his hand to pieces!  Talk about blood!  I am quite certain he went buzzing into every room of the house in sheer panic wondering what to do!  

I had to put his shoes and socks on as he was shaking terrifically.. and Mike took him off to the hospital with a huge towel wrapped around it.

Seven stitches later, they arrived home - 5am! 

He is a hero now! He survived the accident and is pretty excited!




































The really funny thing is this: Benny is about 29 years old and has been living with us for 7 years now. And we suddenly discovered that we didn't know his Chinese name, and had not one single name or person we could contact if anything serious ever happened to him!   And this dear lad has been living with us all these years!
Shame on us!

And now, Heath!
I picked him up a couple of days ago - with a chunk cut out of his temple!  (That is probably over-exaggerated!  But he had been walking along in a group of boys at lunchtime and a Year 12 student chucked a rock and it hit Heath!   This 'wound' is three days old now!
A badge of honour??


3 comments:

Mountainrose said...

Poor Benny.. I hope he heals quickly. Now he needs a new Noodle bowl.. does your friend still sell ceramica? I bet he would find a very nice and pretty bowl from her collection. And I hope that the boy who chunked a rock at the boys gets punished. that is just way to close to an eye to be let off with a slap on the writst. Prayers for both the heal quickly.

Anonymous said...

Haven't thought to check in here for awhile, but enjoyed the pictures again!

Congrats on 30 years! Yo are just 10 years and a couple months behind us. :) We coincidentally spent our 30th in Paris! It wasn't planned - we were on a trip with students and friends. :)

And our 40th? Hmmm.. we stayed overnight in Bismarck, ND and took a little tour up the Missouri River on a riverboat. A cold, windy evening - brrr! But all the kids did come home later with all the grandkids so we had a very nice celebration then, too.

~Eva

Anonymous said...

Billie, thanks! He just broke one of our bowls, but it wasn't expensive and the main thing is he is ok!!
Thank you for your prayers!
Should I tell Heath to 'turn the other cheek"?? haha:)

Thanks Eva! Great to have the feedback. It is nice to have some kind of celebration ... it is a feat these days to reach 30 and 40 years!!
Love to both, Caroline

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

OTHER CHRONICLES I BROWSE

WEATHER STATION

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers