MOVING TO NEW BLOG SPACE

Sadly, I've run out of space on this blog for carrying photographs, so am starting another blog which will follow on from this one!




Click on this link to be taken to Chapter Two.....


http://continuingthechronicles.blogspot

Friday, March 4, 2011

TO SEE WHAT I COULD SEE

I went out for a bike ride about 9am this morning. 
I visited a good friend and while we were talking, I was telling her son Griff  (15) about my bike tyre which was going flat every two days.  He offered to fix it and here he is! I am so grateful!
























I would imagine this car has been PUT onto the heap of rubble.  Just found out that cars are not insured under normal earthquake insurance (unless you pay an exorbitant premium) , so you have to collect money from your own insurance company.   





















Seems to be a common sight right now. I overheard one man saying they are in the process today in our area securing doors and windows.  Good idea - one of our doors won't shut either!




































The good news is that Dad and Marilyn's power is back on! That means that Dad can stop prowling around looking for something to do (he has been VERY gracious all the while though!!) and sit again at his work bench!  No water yet for them, but I am certain it will come soon as it seems to follow fairly closely after the power!


Marilyn is probably, as I write this, hopping onto a plane up north for a couple of weeks. 


The newspaper said to day that they are hoping to shrink the cordon in towards the city asap.
The soldier I asked this same question to about an hour ago, said they have just been told 3-6 more weeks.


That's the thing right now.... the air is full of varying messages, so you tend to sit back and 'relax'.  One thing we are learning FAST is to relax and be at peace with whatever is happening around us!  









No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

OTHER CHRONICLES I BROWSE

WEATHER STATION

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers