MOVING TO NEW BLOG SPACE

Sadly, I've run out of space on this blog for carrying photographs, so am starting another blog which will follow on from this one!




Click on this link to be taken to Chapter Two.....


http://continuingthechronicles.blogspot

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fitzgerald Ave!!

Today for the first time, I biked down Fitzgerald Ave. I had heard it was 'stuffed' so thought I might go and look at a 'stuffed road'. Fitzgerald Ave is the road at the end of our little block (where the cordon is with the army etc)... so it is JUST around the corner from where we live! I cannot believe the utter devastation of the road. Once a 4 lane highway, and now largely trashed.

Also Dad and Marilyn have returned home from Queenstown to discover they have no power or water!  So they are staying with us for the night... not sure what tomorrow will bring yet!

My photos from my little excursion down Fitz Ave about 5.30pm this evening!

Chrighton Cobblers (Guy's gym!!)  and Mr Pickwicks!  Can you believe this?? Real landmarks of our area!

























I was a bit gob smacked when I saw these huge holes in the road! 
It only leaves half a lane to drive through!



From now on, even though these are from the earthquake, in many ways it only looks like road works!  But the atmosphere when I biked through it all was eerie... soldiers walking all around (they are so lovely to chat with) ... hard to explain the feeling in the air really...














































































No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

OTHER CHRONICLES I BROWSE

WEATHER STATION

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers