Life has been it's usual busy self lately, with lots of visitors, and lot's of catching up to do in general, as life is hopefully settling down again into it's new normal!
Dad and Marilyn are still up north, currently in Tauranga. They might be away at least another two weeks until their cordon is lifted!
Maybe my photos for the past week or so are a bit boring, but somehow, doing simple, boring things seem to be what we need right now!
No more excitement for a while, thank you!
I um... 'took' these gorgeous Japanese anenomies from Ian Giltraps abandoned garden! White flowers look best on the kitchen table!
They have discovered our front solid heavy brick fence, it is arockin'!
Mike can push against it and it sways!
As the school is right next door and we have copious little children walking past, it is suddenly VERY dangerous - so up went the bracing, and it seems that soon we get a new front fence!
Lake Tekapo
We went to Lake Tekapo for the weekend of the infamous 20th March! There was predicted to be a massive quake, so the majority of Christchurch got out for the weekend! (Incidentally, there was a large one, but not much damage, which came Sunday night when we were all back home!)
I hardly took a photo, so here are a couple which are not mine... (we were on a power site)
It is a gorgeous motor camp... the air is so fresh and clear! The Lake is exceptionally beautiful.


Fiona and Steve and kids came too. Here they are in vandy's caravan. I couldn't choose, so put them all there! Fiona brought Oscar! Three cousins...all 15.... watch this space??
Fiona and Flossie in their caravan!
I felt a little maudlin one day, as almost all my nice old cups and saucers have gone. I love drinking out of them!
I found these at the City Mission... $4.00 for the pair. Bone china, Korean! They are sweet to use. I see they are so fragile that one saucer has a crack already! Sigh...
Mike, Heath and I were out driving on Saturday and happened on this sight. Sadly beautiful familiar building being torn down due to massive quake damage.
BEFORE AND AFTER - WEE DESK
I was out in my little reading room the other day, and suddenly realised, a desk would make life a lot easier! (I do a lot of writing stuff in there too!) It is a teeny weeny shed I have carpeted and done up inside for private space (from way back when we had 5-7 students and 4 kids at home and there was only one private space in the whole house, the toilet room!!) So, Mike helped me get this little tiny shed outside, and it's been my special space ever since!
I always just sit in a comfy chair, but the thought of a desk sounded sensible. I went on the hunt for a 'tiny desk' and found one! $20! From the City Mission. It was perfect, but ugly ugly ugly painted brown!
I got it home and spent 3 days painting it - here are the 'before's and afters'! (We had already torn off the annoying front sliding doors (which wouldn't slide!) , and begun painting when I thought of taking the 'before' pics!)
As you can see, I did the white French look!
(It had old horrible kitchen sink chains, which went very fast into the bin!)
(It had old horrible kitchen sink chains, which went very fast into the bin!)
New front knob and old look chains...
No comments:
Post a Comment