MOVING TO NEW BLOG SPACE

Sadly, I've run out of space on this blog for carrying photographs, so am starting another blog which will follow on from this one!




Click on this link to be taken to Chapter Two.....


http://continuingthechronicles.blogspot

Monday, August 20, 2012

TRIP TO NELSON


We drove to Nelson on Friday night, picking Oscar up on the way.  




This time, we took Heath's car and he drove both ways!




We stayed in Estelle's house which is empty currently,  
due to staying in a Nelson Hospice.

SATURDAY



She was in fine fettle!   She is so happy, and picking up really nicely, in herself. Her body isn't quite obeying her commands very well yet, but she is hopeful of going home in two months. As always, 'time will tell'!


She had two choices of a room, one was bigger but without an outdoor view, so she chose the smaller room with the view!


Lovely Grand old Dame of a house called Green Gables.






Heath drove his car around the side so Nan could see it from her chair!



Mike and the boys split, taking Brieanna,  and I went off with Deeanne.


We went to an amazing restaurant for lunch. 
The Harbour Light Bistro.


(Their photo is better than mine, so here it is)


It hung out over the road, with a breathtaking view of the harbour. 
We were the only ones upstairs, and we had the whole place to ourselves. 
Of course we had the plum seat in the centre of the window!

(The sun was pouring in and it was very difficult to take photos)





(That cafe over the road on the left was the one we originally went into but it was too cold so we moved here to the sun!)

Here is another one I took from their website showing the hanging out effect! Can't you tell I loved this place!!



SUNDAY

After the morning meeting, we had lunch at a Nelson cafe with Deeanne and Brieanna, then went back to visit Estelle before going home.

This time the boys had Brieanna and got fairly restless....

Oscar wanted to seem part of the hospice....


As I said, restless....


So, we went and visited Violet and Theo, who are also in Green Gables



And then home again!

From: Christchurch To: Nelson

2 comments:

kiwifiddy said...

What a cool weekend! Looks like the boys had a hoot too.. love the spaz facials;) B

Caroline said...

hahaha Thanks!!!!!! Well, there was lots I didn't put on there cos I didnt have pics... but in the afternoon, they did have a hoot from what I gather!! LOL

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

OTHER CHRONICLES I BROWSE

WEATHER STATION

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers