MOVING TO NEW BLOG SPACE

Sadly, I've run out of space on this blog for carrying photographs, so am starting another blog which will follow on from this one!




Click on this link to be taken to Chapter Two.....


http://continuingthechronicles.blogspot

Wednesday, August 15, 2012


my birthday



So, I decided to spend the day alone.
This might not be a birthday treat that suits everyone
but it did me!

It was a dull day and threatened rain all day.

I drove to Lyttelton Harbour
and parked in the town, and walked down to the jetty..


 and there was my ferry waiting...


and across the harbour on a seven minute ride

to this little landing jetty!


looking back across to where I boarded


sat here awhile and did some meaningful pondering

but it was so cold I couldn't stay long


I walked up the hill, about a 15 minute walk, to a lovely little country cafe 
puffing far too much

deciding this is not good.

The old man  walking in front of me was about 20 years older and 
walking twice my speed...

say no more...

The Chalfont Cafe

chat

 I stayed and read my book, with a great lunch and a long black and then a berry sensation tea for good measure

By then it was rather perishing outside
so back I went down the hill 
to the ferry

I was the only one on it!
Who else would venture out on such a cold and miserable (weather wise) day!

The view over Lyttelton was nice,
but it's been so hard hit by the Earthquakes that I almost had tears driving around what used to be a quaint, quirky, qute wee settlement and is now a bit like a pitiful and sorry ghost town.


**************************

and then....


party time

Dear Marilyn, and Dad hosted me a wee party to celebrate that evening.





dear friends



rose and hank
(bit grainy sorry... don't know why!)


and the food!
It was so beautiful....



ahhhh... replete!

for another year!

************************************************



3 comments:

lew n Merle said...

You're so clever with your posts! Mine are so boring in comparison! I'll have to get more creative:-)

Guy fiddy said...

That's so good!!:)

Caroline said...

Thanks!!! xx to you both!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

OTHER CHRONICLES I BROWSE

WEATHER STATION

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers