ANGUS TURNED 17 and we all went there to celebrate! Quintin put on a really lovely meal, including pizza. It was a great family evening.
I loved this photo - I must have moved when taking it - because of the way the candles have gone! He is about to cut his cake!
Fiona made the cake!
She is the family cake maker for birthdays as she is really good at it! And has originality!
The dangerous trio again! :)
KITCHEN WICKER SUITE
Finally, I set these out on the back lawn to pain them white. (I bought them at the City Mission a while ago). I used 3 cans of paint which got up to about $55.00 and decided that was enough. It could really do with a 4th coat... and looks a bit hit and miss (no pics yet!) so am going to decide on Coat #4 (another $25!!) after I have made lots of squashy cushions to go on it.. will put the 'after' photo on then!
Note where 'someone' sat down hard on it and it broke! But that's ok - we have a good piece of ply to fix it with so will be fine!
BUILDER GUY
Guy is going down the building trade line. He hopes his apprenticeship up will be and running in a month or so. Meanwhile he is working hard already as a builders labourer.
He has begun building up his tools, and this is his canvas tool box purchase!
A bit of frivolity.....
I saw this in a shop and snuck it off to the dressing room for a picture! Hoping to 'copy' it somewhat!
And finally for today, no blog is complete with another earthquake damage picture!
This is the hall ceiling where the ceiling rose fell off, the roof was smacked in and water poured in like a fountain in the rain!
Finally Mike bought a light which Paul put up yesterday, which will do until the whole thing is repaired.
I'm grateful to have light in our dark hallway again!
I have had a few people emailing and asking when I was going to put some more things on the blog... so I will try not to leave it so long... but without exciting things like earthquakes to write about, everything else seems fairly mundane!
But mundane is good!
I am not complaining!
*********************
Meanwhile, our old friend the earthquake predictor, Mr Ken Ring, ('Moon man") has predicted one 'final' weekend of possibly huge shattering quakes for Christchurch -
Sunday 17th April noon, and 6pm
Monday 18th April 6am and noon.
He tells us that once this time has passed, we are out of danger.
The planets will have moved and the danger will have passed by - for another 19 years!
(right mouse and open in separate window)
So, we await this coming weekend with baited breath, and then we can 'move on' with our lives again - it seems!
2 comments:
I know you are very ready to get back to normal life after the tremendous upheaval your country has experienced... whatever normal is at this point. Hoping for less anxious days ahead for you.
Can't wait to see the after of your wicker set!
Where is the 'After' photo for the wicker chairs??
Post a Comment