This morning I took some pictures of my weekly job on the 'Lolly Trolley" at the Hospital.
We get around most wards, except the Children's ward and a couple of others.
My usual partner on this job is Kevin, who is a retired train driver! This qualifies him well for driving the trolley and taking the money!
What is there left for me to do?? Only do the talking!
Sigh ~ truly, is that all I am good for?
Sigh ~ truly, is that all I am good for?
Meanwhile, Kevin is a knock out! He has the patients laughing everywhere we go. There is one dear woman, June, in the Dialysis room, all hooked up thrice weekly, and every week, we venture in there cautiously - is she still alive?
(My other favourite regular in there recently passed on and I was so sad! I miss her lots).
June wasn't there today, so hopefully I can get a picture of her next week and pop it on here!
The nurse assured us she is still alive!
OK, here are the pictures!
This is Jan our boss, and Kevin, and we are about to take off on our rounds!
Selling in the corridors ~ trying to make sales wherever whenever! Sometimes I feel like Mr Whippy!
(I believe Kevin sometimes thinks he is a travelling pie cart!
He is always offering pies, chips, beer and cigarettes to the patients! haha!)
Kevin's specialty is the soft toys.
He loves them and makes good sales with them.
NOT!
Back now in the store/stock room.
Restocking the trolley for the volunteers who are on it tomorrow!
A little segment of the Hospital - from over the road.
As many parts of the hospital grounds, and various outdoor buildings are out of bounds since the quakes, the hospital has a new free car park ~ right across Hagley Park South.
(It has always been a nightmare to get a park at the hospital, and you pay an arm and a leg, so this free park is a real gift these days!)
There is a shuttle for those who wish. It is quite a long walk, especially in the rain, or bitterly cold winds we seem to have been having.
You can kind of see the cars parked awaaaaay in the distance!
You can kind of see the cars parked awaaaaay in the distance!
And now, off to pack the caravan to go to Hanmer for Easter break.

No comments:
Post a Comment