Found this on another blog and thought it was awesome.... this is pretty much how I do it... so maybe there is ONE reader of this blog who might find the idea useful!!
Just skip this if it is NOT up your alley!
Ciao!
Silver Detour
I just returned from a fun get-away to the lake with good friends. No phones, computers or distractions! I woke up feeling very energetic (after several cups of coffee of course) and decided that I'm going to give all my kitchen drawers a good cleaning. They need to be emptied, vacuumed and given a good scrub down. The first thing I noticed is that some of my little silver serving pieces (I love picking up little forks and spoons for serving appetizers and condiments) were tarnished. It's been awhile since I've polished them. I love this quick and easy method.
Line a dish (I use an old loaf pan) with tin foil. Place your silver in the pan and cover with baking soda. I'm sure there's a specified amount, but I just sprinkle enough on top to cover them.
Completely cover with boiling water and allow to soak. It'll bubble and fizz and magically make everything shiny. It's amazing!
This is what typically happens to me. I get easily distracted...while unloading the utensil drawers for cleaning I notice the silver is tarnished (detour)...I may as well use the leftover hot soda water to clean the microwave (detour)...I put the open baking soda box in my fridge and notice it could use a little straightening which quickly leads to it being completely emptied and wiped down (detour)...so maybe the kitchen drawers will get done tomorrow! ~Teri
2 comments:
You can do this same trick using an aluminium saucepan / pot instead of the aluminium foil. Baking soda and water same.
Geoff
Wow I didn't know that! I might scour the old 2nd hand shops for one then! Thanks!
Post a Comment