I did my volunteer job at the hospital this morning, and as I go through pretty much most of the rooms and wards, I do get to see some people I know.
This morning, I came across Silas Derrett. He is a well remembered name from our childhood at Clarkville. He had a 10 acre block next to one of Dad's and he was a very unusual man.. He seemed to buy up old and decrepit horses! He had paddocks full of them, and I THUNK he felt he was saving them from being put down.
I also came across Arthur Matthews (broken leg, fell off a ladder) and Noeline Reid... a broken leg too. Poor woman as she was in a LOT of pain, and her usual fun, teasing ways were certainly not there today!
Last week I saw Pauline Thompson. Something to do with her heart.
I do love this job, as you get to meet so many people. Young people facing terrifically sad lives - a young 21yr old lad been there a few weeks now, got caught in the tractors power take-off and lost a leg.. and most of the other one. He is always so cheerful and facing it with stoic maturity of heart. I noticed this morning though, that he was weary and unsmiling. He said he had had a set back.
I have really had my eyes opened since doing this thing!
Is it kosher to write these folks names on here? Would they mind? I'm not sure of the ettiquite of this blog names bit!! Will think about it.......
No comments:
Post a Comment