MOVING TO NEW BLOG SPACE

Sadly, I've run out of space on this blog for carrying photographs, so am starting another blog which will follow on from this one!




Click on this link to be taken to Chapter Two.....


http://continuingthechronicles.blogspot

Saturday, November 13, 2010

WEEKEND AT KAIKOURA

Dad and Marilyn took Mike and I to Kaikoura for Thursday and Friday night at a gorgeous unit overlooking glorious views of the mountains (snow covered) and the sea...  Such a relaxing and lovely time away.


WAVES Units...
just over the road from the beach.


 Setting off to The Store at Kekarengu for lunch!  That's us leaving.....



The beach over the road.

 Arrived at The Store

Sitting outside on the decking, sea roaring in the near distance... lovely!

 I hope you don't mind, but the sea down on the beach was so wild and beautiful that I took a few pictures... just skim past them...




 There was a burnt out abandoned sad old Leyland truck-house... not very attractive and a very ugly part of the scenery (in my opinion)!




 This photo - shows the little cute carved back window which had a little window box on it - all burnt!
It would have been really cute!
 This was our view from back at the Waves.. so lovely!  At night you could sit out there in the balmy breeze and listen to the roar of the waves and look at the stars in the sky and it was so peaceful! (Mike is sitting there in this photo!)





 Dad and Marilyn in the kitchen... 


We did a spot of seal spotting (for you, Anna!)
More along the coastline... so beautiful we couldn't stop remarking on how beautiful it was!
You wish you could drink in the view and hold it in you forever!  But you can't... so will have to go back:)



 More seals... there were lots of them around.





A lookout 


























































We awoke on Sat morning to see there was a Market Day next door at the little green.. our balcony view... so we went there after breakfast, on our way home!











































At the Market, we 'lost' Dad - and then found him... he had found a wee seat and was happily reading a book he had bought!





















And so we began the journey home... firstly finding some more views!  
(Sorry if the views are getting a bit much - but we couldn't stop oohing and aahing at them!)




 There is a bird's shadow....






















Pukeko Junction for afternoon tea.. saw this gorgeous car outside.
That's it!  Home again!



4 comments:

Anna said...

What a fantastic weekend!!!!

Rhonda said...

What a beautiful place! I love your pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Rhonda said...

What a beautiful place! I love your pictures! Thank you for sharing them.

Caroline said...

Thank you Anna and Rhonda!!!
I was special to be with all of them - Dad, Marilyn and Mike! Relaxed and fun.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

OTHER CHRONICLES I BROWSE

WEATHER STATION

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers