MOVING TO NEW BLOG SPACE

Sadly, I've run out of space on this blog for carrying photographs, so am starting another blog which will follow on from this one!




Click on this link to be taken to Chapter Two.....


http://continuingthechronicles.blogspot

Monday, November 29, 2010

NEW KITCHEN (RENOVATED) etc

Still not completed, but here are some more pics!

The kitchen table was very old, solid, but scratched and in bad condition. So I decided to give it a go. Painted and then distressed. In the end, Mike helped me a bit as it was my first ever painting project (furniture) and we are thrilled to bits!

I bought 4 chairs at the City Mission for $60 and did the same with them. They were old dark brown varnished.

And finally, made the curtains with Femme de Brocante fabric! GREAT shop!  http://www.fdb.co.nz/




























I bought a small piece of matching floral fabric and mod-podged it to the panel in the door, for some variety! It kind brings in the floral theme from the Hutch Dresser!

































Up close!





































Whipped up a new skirt on Saturday afternoon - as someone said on Sunday night - "You should enter Wearable Arts".  
And as Mr Tui said, "Yeah, right!"

So, we have the front and the back view!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute kitchen, Carolyn! NICE job on the table and chairs.

Anonymous said...

THANK you!
My first attempt! Hopefully there will be more... Maybe looking at your amazing restorations I will get inspired!

Rhonda said...

I love what you did in your kitchen! It looks so cozy and inviting! The curtains are fabulous!

Caroline said...

Thanks so much Rhonda! It was fun - even tho very tiring and all the family had to be very long suffering!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

OTHER CHRONICLES I BROWSE

WEATHER STATION

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers