Michael, Heath, Oscar and I went to Queenstown for the weekend.
We drove this time, and the idea was to catch up with our friend Wendy.
In the process, we came to know Sharon which was awesome!
We stayed at the Discovery Sherwood Hotel.
We had two units ~ one for the boys and the other for Mike and I.
The view from our units next morning:)
(We had arrived at 1am Friday night!)
Wendy and Sharon came to the hotel for breakfast.
We then set off to Frankton...
The Kingston Flyer is an 1888 Vintage Steam Train
and Saturday was the opening day for experiencing it!
They had a kind of a carnival day, with a great car boot sale......
where Mike bought some "Gentleman's Mustard Relish"
Heath took photos with mike's new camera!!
The band had a break ~ loving the wheels on the piano!
Seeing Deeanne (who wore them all over China on a visit) and
Brock (who wore them tramping a whole mountain!)
swear on CROCS as the BEST footwear out,
I bought a pair (boot sale) for $2!
(Mike felt a bit nauseous when I tried them on, but oh well!)
I also bought half a set of
"Ancient Civilisations"
Gorgeous books with accompanying DVD's very cheap
(I watched two that night and liked them LOTS!)
A cuppa at the Railways Station brand new cafe!
It was very cold, so we had some wonderful seats by the huge log fire!
Time to board for Toyland!
First Class, eh!
With Gloria the (unlikely looking) guard!
Tickets please!
Love these two! Always grinning and talking....
But, give us a look for the picture, boys!
We were on the very last carriage, so Mike went and took some of the chugging..
I love the terrain... SO 'Otago'!
Looking back.... kinda has a surreal feel to it...
Destination FAIRLIGHT!
Or, back in the day....
Posting some mail....
Hanging at the station....
while the engine went and did a turn and came back, and
now we are in the front carriage!
Walking through all this, was wet and spotty!
The steam is really, really black against the clear skies...
I just love that scenery.. and this effect makes it look so genuinely 1888.
Interesting to cart an old piano along!
I love this picture!
He looks more like the guard than Gloria!
Back at Kingston the band was in full swing again!
*****************
Said "Bye" to the girls till 'tomorrow' and after some wandering around the shops, we went to Cranky Franky's for dinner!
It was totally 1960's American!
The boys had 'dogs'!
Elvis!
Leaving Cranky Franky's!
and there at the bottom,
Oscar found his soulmate!
*******************
After meeting at Cromwell,
went to Gavin and Joy's in Wanaka for lunch!
Great time!!
Gavin has fully restored a very old grand piano.
It is a hundred years old! And he has done as INCREDIBLE job.
***************
Had a lovely lunch,
then Gospel meeting in Wanaka
then the long trek home.
Fantastic 'family style' weekend!
*************************************************************************************


















































5 comments:
Awesome photos! Love it! Did you take the Run-Sir? How's it running? No more issues? Heath boosting everywhere?! Haha, awesome!
Looks like you had a fun weekend:-) I luv the train shots I must get Frank to have a look he's a train enthusiast:-)
Gavins Piano is 100 years old, give or take a couple of years.
I miss you guys! Reckon night shift is making me a bit nostalgic.
Love the photo of Mike too. And your glasses are awesome!
Love Kristal
Took Heaths car, Kent, and yep, boosting many times! He never gets sick of it!!!!!! haha THAT was a great birthday gift!
Post a Comment