MOVING TO NEW BLOG SPACE

Sadly, I've run out of space on this blog for carrying photographs, so am starting another blog which will follow on from this one!




Click on this link to be taken to Chapter Two.....


http://continuingthechronicles.blogspot

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

SHOULD WE... SHOULDN'T WE....?


Oh yes - one always hopes one has made the right decision!

Well, this morning we were awoken by the most horrible sounds... and there had arrived a tree team. A few men were there and they spent all day till 6pm and systematically cut down ALL the trees across the front of the section, including the special Yew Tree in the corner (which the house is named after).   

Chris (landlord) had told Mike on Sunday afternoon how much he loved those trees and the Yew would be staying and the others trimmed. But it seems Diane (wife) came along and told the men to get them all down. Even the gorgeous precious maples on the wee path to the front door are gone. 

ALL DAY LONG, I heard the chain saw, the branches crashing, and then the machine which makes the chips... the sound was deafening and without pause. 

Firstly, the constant noise just about had me screaming. Secondly, I actually felt nauseous seeing those beautiful trees being chainsawed to bits of useless sawdust ... glorious trees, to nothingness. Thirdly, I felt like weeping and weeping at the barrenness of what the place looks like now.

Mike and Guy came home at night and were in shock. Both felt like I did. A type of grief really.  But we KNEW we couldn't live here with the trees gone. It just isn't the same. We feel glad to be going now.

I'll take some photos and put them here asap!  Merle is here, and I'm LOVING her company!

Feeling so sad....

Is this what progress feels like?
 (Yew tree)




No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

OTHER CHRONICLES I BROWSE

WEATHER STATION

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers