MOVING TO NEW BLOG SPACE

Sadly, I've run out of space on this blog for carrying photographs, so am starting another blog which will follow on from this one!




Click on this link to be taken to Chapter Two.....


http://continuingthechronicles.blogspot

Sunday, March 25, 2012

I MADE A GARDEN!!

I am not a gardener. I've messed up every garden I've ever started. It always goes wrong somewhere somehow. Whatever the opposite of green fingers is, I have them!   But oh, I do love the idea of being a gardener!  especially a vegetable one.
Anyway, outside out caravan door was a terribly overgrown messy wee corner which we are forced to gaze upon as we enter and leave the caravan.
I decided (yet again in my life) to make a wee tiny garden out of it.  It started off (no pic) as long long grass, and full of rubbish underneath all the grass... cans papers and you name it. 
Here it is after I began to clear it.




Then I took to it with a fork and dug and dug and dug and dug...  

By now it was dark!   As I had to do this all myself (in between other jobs such as helping Mike and Heath put the chook pen up) and I had to do it by common sense and not gardening knowledge (!!) I suspect it took rather a longer time than normal people take!

I stood there for 45 mins pondering my newly dug, precious plot, and deliciously dreamed up loads of creative ideas!   Obviously most of them were pies in the sky!

Then I came up with something...

I asked Mike and Heath to put our antique wishing well in the corner and decided to make little teeny weeny plots.   We had been given 6 potted lettuce plants at the Ellerslie Show for free, so I decided this garden must be dedicated to them!   

Finally in the dark, Heath set up a huge light and I worked far into the night..... digging and dunging.... and hauling bricks from far and wide around the place (after all the quakes there seems to be an inordinate amount of bricks lying allover the place!)
and finally my garden was finished!



Next week I'll plant some hardy herbs in one wee plot.. and think about some other plants for the other two for winter.  
"Hardy" is the key word ~ as my non-green fingers struggle to keep everything growing according to all they should do!!

Watch this space!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your garden, Caroline! It would make me smile to see that every day.

It's nice to get caught up on your life recently... sounds upending, but settling all at the same time.

lew n Merle said...

I'm soo impressed:-) You've got great artistic skills too!Mx

Caroline said...

awwwww how KIND of you both!!! Thank you! xx

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

OTHER CHRONICLES I BROWSE

WEATHER STATION

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers