MOVING TO NEW BLOG SPACE

Sadly, I've run out of space on this blog for carrying photographs, so am starting another blog which will follow on from this one!




Click on this link to be taken to Chapter Two.....


http://continuingthechronicles.blogspot

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

MUCH ADO ABOUT CHICKENS AND MEN


I couldn't let this blog go by without a reference to the hennies! They are the sweetest and strangest creatures I've ever had under my wings!
Blondie continued to lay eggs without shells for a while, and then stopped. I struggled within myself as to what to decide to think about her! My decision is that ok, she's a dud layer – but she has the right to live, just as any creature does – so now I look upon her as a pet!

Milly or Molly – (I can't tell the difference between them) must think she is a duck. She has begun laying eggs which appear to all intents and purposes, duck eggs! It mustn't be easy, as at a certain time most mornings, she disappears into the dark, hay floored coop, and the most agonised screeches come forth – until 30 minutes later she calmly walks out, and waits for the door to be opened to spend the day pecking around the garden!

The other Molly or Milly, lays ordinary eggs. No such loud fuss, but an ordinary size 7.

In the photo below, you see the ordinary size 7 next to one of the 'duck' eggs which are being produced these days!   




*****************************

DIGZ


Digby, who is good friends with Guy, is off to Adelaide to live. Reminds me of when Jane Eyre was on the moors and heard Rochesters voice floating across to her, and so she upped and left to go to him:D


They had a boys night last Saturday – Reuban and Cam, Digby and Guy. Gorgeous boys! (Not that they would like me to describe them that way!! But it's my blog, so I'm going to!)





***********************************


Excitingly, Kent was home for a few days en route Orange → Auckland.
Northlands Mall, with Ollie!!


   

Couldn't choose, so here they all are! The mighty Guy:) 








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you,

I got such a giggle out of reading about the hens. Made me miss your stories in person :(

Josh says you need to get blondie some shell grit. He thinks she doesn't have enough calcium in her diet. He had chickens once upon a time.

Love you,
Kristal and Josh xx

Caroline said...

Thanks Kristal!!
The strange thing is, Blondie never laid a thing, then Brock said get oyster shell grit, so we did and then we got the eggs without shells.... and now nothing again!!!
Seriously, if he has any more ideas, I'd be grateful... xx
Love C

lew n Merle said...

I'm loving the hen updates too:-)Not that I know anything about them. I love the idea of home grown eggs:-)Mx

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

OTHER CHRONICLES I BROWSE

WEATHER STATION

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers