MOVING TO NEW BLOG SPACE

Sadly, I've run out of space on this blog for carrying photographs, so am starting another blog which will follow on from this one!




Click on this link to be taken to Chapter Two.....


http://continuingthechronicles.blogspot

Saturday, February 19, 2011

REEFTON

50 people went on an organised motorbike ride over in the back country at Lyell, approximately an hour away from Reefton. Many of us stayed at Reefton, a very old town, still living in the past somewhat. So cute and gorgeous to go there. Dad was doing the ride on his quad, so they asked me to go with them, and Marilyn and I had the time of our life exploring that wee town.  We stayed in the local backpackers. It was so cool, I hope we can go back with the kids and some others and have a fun weekend in the winter time!


Lyell:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyell,_New_Zealand
Reefton:  http://www.reefton.co.nz/


The Red Post Cafe at Culverden on the way... our dinner!



 The Old Nursing Home Accommodation we stayed at.


 Looking up the street. 
Imagine living somewhere surrounded by gorgeous scenery like this!

 Please leave your boots at the door....
loads of muddy boots sit there!

 The hall way doesn't look as long as it did in real life!



 Above - kitchen
Below, my bedroom. So tiny, it has the nickname of "The Punishment Room".  I loved it!



 Local gorgeous cafe. So old-time and gorgeous!
The woman allowed me to take a photo of her!
Look at the amazing candy jars!


 Local building..

 We left, for Lyell,  some scenery pics on the way!

 This was interesting... the rock overhang above the road!
Fairly dramatic..

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

OTHER CHRONICLES I BROWSE

WEATHER STATION

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers