MOVING TO NEW BLOG SPACE

Sadly, I've run out of space on this blog for carrying photographs, so am starting another blog which will follow on from this one!




Click on this link to be taken to Chapter Two.....


http://continuingthechronicles.blogspot

Monday, February 28, 2011

DAD AND MARILYN - and TODAY

Just a note to mention to all who have inquired, Dad and Marilyn are fine! They are still in Queenstown and plan to come home tomorrow (Tuesday).


I have just come home from walking to their house, and been reminded there is a lot of damage on their front outdoor area. I peered through the gates, which Dad has had to bolt and chain as they no longer close of their own accord!


The good news to me is that I I have discovered that  at any time of day or night they and we can visit, and have access to each other.  It was so exciting for me - because I have felt SO isolated from the world. Today a good friend came to help do some cleaning, and I had to take a wheelbarrow down to the end of the road to fetch the things she was bringing to our house. It took some sweet talking to get her through, as she is not allowed through. But as the young army chap said, "We are not robots so we will allow you to have your friend come as we assess each situation".  But only if she was coming as an 'assistant'. I'm not allowed friends for a coffee!! I have to go and meet them somewhere else for that kind of thing.


I had him contact his boss re us going in and out after 6.30 pm to visit friends, or go to meetings etc, but they came back with ONLY for an emergency like hospital needs! I hope tonight Mike and I (and kids?) can go for an evening walk within our limits, and as I saw today there are lots of devastating sights.


Regarding today - I found getting out of bed this morning almost too hard. To go and face again the house and all the mess and think about 'stuff' was almost too much. I think a few people wore my tears today, but after having my friend here today, I feel uplifted again!  I think the isolation too was getting to me. Anyway, onwards and upwards!


Mike opened work again this morning, and Heath (still off school 'till further notice') spent the day working there. I think he has had a good day!  


The wheelbarrow.... she had to park in the grass bit in the middle of the road! Illegal normally!



No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

OTHER CHRONICLES I BROWSE

WEATHER STATION

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Followers