Guy turned 21 on Monday 26th March 2011!
To begin the day, we all went to Vic's on Victoria Street for a 21st Breakfast at 7am! (We had the actual party on Friday night).
I got him a chocolate bar
On Friday night we had a party for him at Ken and Marilyn's. They had the perfect venue for it and Marilyn is an amazing hostess!
(Kent came down for one night, bringing down a relocation
Kea Camper)
Kicking off...
Heidi and Louisa
moving into it now....
Nick, Myles and Ollie
Julia and Myles made and iced Guy a surprise cake!
It was a paintbrush!
Very creative and awesome!
Marilyn also bought him one which was beautiful!
It was a great deal of fun and we really appreciated having all who came, and the effort and generosity from all.
Guy is an awesome young man, and is heading off to Brisbane to live at the end of April. Man alive, I'm going to miss him like crazy, but I guess this is what happens!!
Loads of love forever, Guy! You have been awesome right from the day you were born! You are wonderful!
*****************************
Back home... the work to settle continues!
We are seriously living like the 'Little House on the Prairie' story!!
We started with two sections as one, with a fence partially through it...
an old abandoned house which had noone living in it for 18 months..
except squatters from time to time...
grass up to our knees...
old rubbish thrown all over the two sections..
but have had fun making it kind of cosy!
Mike and Heath fixed (Paul's) mower on Saturday and then Heath mowed the 2nd section's long grass.
And that's it for tonight....
I know there will be some more pics soon, as I have added to the garden (thanks to your suggestions, Merle!) and it's looking fairly prosperous for now. Most of the plants seem perky... so long may it last!
*******************************
9 comments:
Awesome Caroline! <3 k
Awesome update!
Awesome update!
Hi Caro!! I'm so happy to see this. I cannot believe your boys! They are so handsome! I still remember their pictures from when we first "met". They've grown into fine young men.
Can't wait to see your garden. I'm a bit envious that you have chickens. We can't have them where I live, but I'd love to have some.
Take care.
Much love! Rhonda
Caroline, I love reading your blog!!!! You guys look very happy where you're living at the moment. Well done for making the most of the situation. Love, A
Thanks so much! I don't know who the first comment comes from, nor the "A" person! But that's ok... love the comments!
As Mike said recently, if we HAD to move here due to no finance or some such thing, we probably might not like it!!! But seeing we CHOSE to do this, we are loving it! Interesting! Funny old things, us humans! haha
Caroline,
Wow you have had one busy time as crazy as it is here. Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting from so far away.
I appreciate it so much. What a wonderfully small world blogging is.
tammy
Thank you Tammy!!!
Post a Comment